Friday, July 29, 2011

Question: If You Could Only Watch One Sport For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would It Be?

What a fucking doozy this one is. So, here we go. Basketball I simply couldn’t care less about, like if they lockout for the next decade I wouldn’t lose an ounce of sleep. Football is obviously the best sport to watch on TV, but sports two days a week just isn’t going to cut it for me. So that’s got us narrowed down to hockey and baseball. Now it’s a fucking toss up. Baseball has way more games to watch, but practically half of them feel like an exhibition game. Every loss it’s like “I’m not gonna get worried about March/May/June/July baseball,” August it actually starts to matter. Plus the games are so incredibly long that it ain’t easy to stay awake the whole time. So what good is 162 games to watch if only half matter and you can only stay conscious for half the game? All of a sudden you’re down to it being like a 40 game season.

That’s why I’m going hockey. The fact that the Stanley Cup just did a New England tour is definitely fresh in my mind and plays a factor, but I’m sticking with it. Hockey just gives you the physical aspects you’ll miss with football, speed you’ll miss with basketball, and the objects being hit really hard you’ll miss with baseball. And hockey rivalry games are bloodbaths. Dumb exciting. Plus when it comes to the playoffs? I don’t think anyone can debate that nothing beats playoff hockey. It’s playoff hockey, March Madness, then the field when it comes to sports tournaments. Having said all that, I admit I’m a hockey guy and definitely will be in the minority here.

No comments:

Post a Comment