TimesUK – Something is afoot in men’s fashion. So steady yourselves, because high heels for the heftier sex are making a comeback. The man-heel — or “meel” as some have termed it — is simultaneously a coming trend in several wildly different milieus. In Paris this spring, both Gareth Pugh’s and Rick Owen’s shows were attended by high-heeled male audience members. It was the same at Rodarte in New York and Pam Hogg in London. Notable man-platforms are being produced by Jean-Michel Cazabat and Owens himself. Both offer man-heels of about four inches and upwards.
High heels for the heftier sex are making a comeback? Wait a minute. That implies that they were already in style at one point right? Like pegged jeans or Zubaz pants or something. Weird, I don’t ever remember man heels being in vogue. Either way I think it goes without saying this is a pretty fucking dumb idea. I mean yeah I want to be a couple inches taller too, but that’s only because being tall helps with nailing chicks and being good at sports. But you can’t run in heels and chicks will think your gay if you wear high heels so what’s the point? None. Bottomline is wearing Man Heels defeats the whole purpose of being tall in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment