Sunday, June 27, 2010

Asshole Gucci Tech Guy Built A Nuclear Reactor In His Brooklyn Basement

Yahoo - It sounds like the premise of an especially geeky comic book: Web developer by day, trailblazing nuclear engineer by night. Mark Suppes is a Web developer for the fashion house Gucci, but in his off-hours, he tinkers with his homemade nuclear-fusion reactor in a Brooklyn warehouse, unknown to his neighbors. In a video interview with BBC News’ Matthew Danzico, Suppes cheerfully shows the reporter how his reactor works, warning him to step back as the machine activates and emits a small amount of radiation. The reporter is heard laughing nervously in the background, telling Suppes to be careful. Suppes’ is the 38th homemade reactor built by an independent amateur scientist, according to Fusor.net. On that website, “fusioneers” discuss attempts to create a nuclear-fusion reactor that produces as much energy as it consumes, a problem that has plagued some of science’s greatest minds. Though several Brooklyn locals expressed unease to the BBC at the idea of hosting a fusion startup in their neighborhood, the process is entirely legal in the United States


Look at me! Look at me! I built a nuclear reactor in my Brooklyn warehouse! Hey everyone look! What a joke. Seriously keep showing off asshole. Like chicks dig nerds who build nuclear bombs in their basement. I’m not impressed in the slightest. You know what’s impressive? The shit I sit around my apartment and build all day. Nothing harder than home improvement. Take this shelf for example.



Took me about 4 hours to get that on my wall. As you can see the holes for the screws didn’t really work out so I just emptied a bottle of Gorilla Glue on the wall and pressed this fucker up against it for 2 hours. Without moving. Wasn’t that bad because I can see my TV from there.

I also put together my desk by myself. They said they’d set it up for $50 bucks but I was like fuck that, the shit only cost $45 to begin with. 10 minutes later all the shelving fell out and the base is about to go any day now:



Oh and of course the disco ball on the ceiling. Masking tape is really all you need for this project.



So yeah this guy can build nuclear reactors all he wants. Shit doesn’t even work. You heard the scientists. You know what does work? My shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment