Sunday, June 13, 2010

So Seinfeld Trivia Was Fuckin Impossible

So, I went to Seinfeld Trivia at Dukes last week and it was fucking impossible.

Not that I was surprised or anything. I knew this was mostly going to be me drinking and having 5 teammates look at me with a disapproving and disappointing scowl. But as soon as one broad rolled in wearing a t shirt with the Kramer portrait on the front and announced that she came all the way from PHILADELPHIA for the Seinfeld trivia night I knew I was completely fucked. Like really babe? Fuckin 6 hours to show up at Duke’s for Seinfeld trivia? I don’t know whether to be disgusted with you or ask you to marry me.

Anyway they were asking shit like “In the episode “The Handicapped Spot,” when Jerry and Elaine visit the Drake, the Drake and Drakette have just broken up. Jerry and Elaine ask if there are any good restaurants in town. What is the name of the restaurant the Drake recommends?”

“In the episode “The Bizarro Jerry,” Kramer gets a job at Brandt-Leland. What is the name of the receptionist?”


I just kept taking a couple sips of my beer and nodding in approval of whatever my teammates threw out there. I mean don’t get me wrong I’m a big Seinfeld fan, but I’m sitting there waiting for shit like “One episode, everyone goes to a place with really good soup but the owner of the soup shop is very strict and you need to order in a really specific way. The nickname of the shop owner is “The Soup…” what?” These people at Duke’s were just on another level.

No comments:

Post a Comment