ESPN - It was a wedding toast heard from Broadway to Bourbon Street. During Carmelo Anthony’s wedding Saturday night at Cipriani’s on 42nd Street, Chris Paul, the superstar New Orleans point guard, predicted a future Knicks Dream Team. Take that, LeCon. According to a person who spoke with wedding attendee Amar’e Stoudemire, Paul made the reference during a speech of a potential union of himself, Stoudemire and Anthony, saying, “We’ll form our own Big 3,” Paul allegedly said. Attendee Spike Lee nearly passed out at the suggestion. The Knicks may not have to wait until 2012. The Knicks have an alternate plan as they stockpile a lot of tradeable assets. A source told The Post on Dec. 15, when trades are permitted for free-agent signees and draft picks, the Knicks will try to put together a package for either free-agent-to-be Tony Parker or Paul. Raymond Felton, the Knicks’ new point guard acquired last week from Charlotte, will be eligible to be traded in December and if the Spurs or ailing Hornets like him, perhaps either point guard could be had, giving Felton a short Knick run. A Felton/Wilson Chandler package would not be out of the question for at least Parker. LeBron James was at the wedding, but Paul was not trying to take a dig at him. They are close friends. In fact, James would love nothing more for Miami and the Knicks to one day battle in the Eastern Conference Finals. James-Dwyane Wade-Chris Bosh vs. Stoudemire-Anthony-Paul. Can you imagine?
No I can’t imagine you fucking assholes. Nor do I even want to right now. I just spent the last 2+ years imagining LeBron James in a Knicks uniform, and then BOOM he drops the NBA’s version of the Apocalypse right in my fucking face and ruins everything. So you’ll have to excuse me if I’m done hoping for the best for the Knicks for a little while. And that’s why I haven’t written shit about the Anthony Randolph trade (like it) or the Raymond Felton signing (kind of like it) since they went down. I need a fucking break from this whole thing.
Like yeah I know I’m the Voice of the People and should act like a professional here, but this whole LeBron thing has me on such an emotional roller coaster I just can’t handle any more speculation or rumors about the Knicks future. I feel like a battered woman on some Lifetime movie who has just given up hope on finding love or having a family or having any semblance of a normal, fulfilling life. Probably gonna get me a bunch of cats and just become the crazy cat lady on the block.
Because the past few weeks LeBron is all I could think about or talk about to anyone who would listen. So to say it was a rough weekend for your boy is an understatement. I got blackout bruises on my forearms from friends dragging me around, like $300 in bar receipts crumpled up on my dresser I have no recollection of, and there is smelly Chinese food, leftover pizza, and white cheddar popcorn all over my apartment like some kind of Katrina-style Snack Hurricane hit my living room. So I wish Carmelo and LaLa the best of luck as newlyweds. Congrats and Mazel Tov to both of you. But I’m about 2 more rumors away from turning into the “I Am A Motherfucker Guy” and beating the fuck out of the next guy who even mentions the Knicks. So save me the dog and pony show about coming to NY until it actually happens. I just can’t take any more.
P.S. Staring at Eva Longoria’s box 82 times a year would be a pretty good consolation prize, but Chris Paul a thousand times over Tony Parker please.
No comments:
Post a Comment