NEWSOK – Schools and drug experts are warning parents to beware of “digital drugs” that Mustang High School students blamed for their apparent intoxication. Three students were sent to the principal’s office when they appeared to be high on drugs or alcohol in March, said Mustang School District Superintendent Bonnie Lightfoot. She said the kids explained that they had tried something called “i-dosers.” Young people plug into i-dosers through putting on headphones and downloading music and tones that create a supposed drug-like euphoria. The technology is designed to combine a tone in each ear to create a binaural beat designed to alter brainwaves. So the worried Lightfoot sent parents a letter warning them to be aware of this new temptation to kids. When young people go to one website to download digital drugs, they’ll find a product line featuring titles such as “alcohol,” “opium,” “marijuana” and “orgasm.” The website shows the digital drugs have been downloaded more than 1 million times. To sell more, the websites encourage users to write about their experiences on the site. One user said animals popped up and paint seemed to fall from the wall. A site says that the i-doses may not be downloaded by anyone under 18 years of age. “Come on. You know they are,” Forrest-Perkins said. “No one over 18 is trying to get stoned on a song.”
OK, the joke’s on me because I got no clue what this “digital drug” craze is sweeping the nation’s high schools. Honestly I’ve never felt so out of touch. So teens are popping in their headphones during computer lab and taking heavy I-doses of straight binaural beats to the face? Then I-tripping balls in the hallways while imaginary animals pop out of their lockers and shit? Sounds like a party. And everyone knows I likes to party. So I think what I’ll do is round up some high schoolers this weekend and set up my laptop under my disco ball and just get fucking crazy on digital drugs. I’m talking real crazy like I-Overdose on brain waves crazy. Let’s rage.
No comments:
Post a Comment