TOKYO (Reuters) - A Japanese research agency has dropped a controversial public relations campaign aimed at educating women about nuclear safety that compared radiation to the screaming voice of an angry wife. The Japanese Atomic Energy Agency devoted a page on its website to an effort to “make the hard words used in the nuclear power industry” more easy to understand, particularly for women. The page, which included a cartoon of an angry, fist-waving wife and her cowering husband, compared the wife’s yell to radiation. It continued the metaphor by saying that the women’s increasing agitation could be compared to “radioactivity”, while claiming the wife herself was comparable to “radioactive material”.
If this Japanese research company’s job is to make people understand the dangers of radiation then I don’t see how they’re in trouble here. I’ve never understood radiation as clearly as I do right now. Before all I knew about it was that your cell phone and microwave might give it to you. That’s not even an exaggeration, I thought it was pretty harmless. Like unless a nuke got dropped in your dick tip I figured you would be fine. Now I have a whole new understanding. Radiation is incredibly dangerous and volatile. You may think everything is peachy but the radiation can strike at any moment, with little to no warning. It’s danger doesn’t go away after the initial explosion. It lays dormant for decades, destroying your insides while you’re completely unaware that there’s an issue. Everyone else may be too PC to thank these guys, but not me. Totally eye-opening article
No comments:
Post a Comment