Thursday, June 7, 2012

Woman Gets $900K From Man Who Gave Her Herpes


(Newser) – Reason to wear a condom No. 437: Giving someone an STD can be really expensive. A 49-year-old Oregon woman won a lawsuit last week against the 69-year-old man she says gave her genital herpes on their fourth date, the Oregonian reports. The jury awarded her $900,000, almost the entire amount she’d been asking for, declaring that the incident had been 75% the man’s fault. “We all felt he should have told her—he had a responsibility to tell her,” one juror said. The plaintiff claimed the man had agreed to use a condom, but changed his mind at the last second, and only mentioned the disease afterward. STD lawsuits are rare because it’s hard to prove such claims, but the woman shared medical records showing she’d had a clean bill of health two months earlier. She also described a miserable aftermath, complete with medications that caused hair loss and weight gain, and depression. Her attorney called her heroic for pursuing the case, knowing it would be “embarrassing [and] massively unpleasant.” But the defense attorney disagreed. “Grow up. Come on. You’re an adult,” he said. “She is not some little innocent victim.”
Hey toots if you think some dude is telling you he’s got the herp on the 4th date you are outside of your mind. I might be willing to admit that shit in our 4th decade of dating. Maybe. No fucking chance I’d spill my herpes beans after knowing you for like a month. Why don’t I just go ahead and tell you everything that will ensure you never want to see me again? You expect some dude to just tell you about the time he shit his pants in high school or how he pisses the bed when hes drunk? Hey I really like you but I gotta let you know I’m a premature ejaculater and I fart in my sleep. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. I dont really have an answer for this situation. Maybe don’t give it up after 4 dates and give it enough time to see if he has a flare up? Not sure. But if we’re gonna set the precedent that every dude with the herp is risking a million bucks by not admitting hes got an STD, well then we’re gonna have a lot of broke ass indebted people with herpes running around town.
PS – What the fuck is this “75% his fault?” Where does one come up with that number? You only had 25% to do with your vagina accepting that penis? For sure not. Sex is at the very least a 50/50 split. And I’d actually say the female is more responsible for sex occurring because she’s basically the one who has to fully consent. A dude might just temporarily black out and end up fucking but the chick makes a conscious decision to give it up. Its at least 60/40 on the chick when it comes to sex. Probably 70/30

No comments:

Post a Comment