Thursday, June 7, 2012

Women Scared That Porn and Video Games Are Ruining Society


AVI- All those hours spent in front of a screen, not just watching porn but playing video games too, is leaving men in the dust socially, unable to relate to women and unable to function in society, according to a new study. In HBO’s new show ‘Girls’, creator Lena Dunham conjures up an image of young men so inundated with online porn that they almost unwittingly try to re-enact it in their own boudoir escapades. The show is fictional, but Stanford University psychologist Philip Zimbardo believes there’s a lot of reality to it. “We found that guys are failing in school and with women, and becoming socially isolated,” LA Times quoted Zimbardo as saying. “This was based on extensive research, a survey and observations made by parents we know, kids we’ve talked to, grandparents, even women saying, “I can’t find a guy to have a conversation with.” Duncan agreed, also highlighting the “risk of social rejection” reduced by playing video games. “Video games show them that they can be the master of the universe. They feel good when they play video games, and there’s no risk of social rejection,” Duncan said.
Wahwahwah porn and video games are ruining society, no guys wants to talk to us they just want to beat off and play Madden.  Fuck that. Men don’t have to adjust to society…society has to adjust to men. We’ve always been the pioneers. It’s not our fault the technological advancements of the past 20 years have redefined the game. 5,000 years ago cavemen used to jerk off to stick figures drawn in yak blood on a rock wall and probably thought that was where it was at. Now with a couple of clicks you can probably find a woman having sex with a yak in 1080p and Dolby 5.1 surround sound. It’s a whole new ballgame, and society needs to accept this. As far as I’m concerned, you don’t change the rules by playing the game the way it’s supposed to be played. You change the game by becoming the commissioner. It’s only a matter of time before the National Porn and Video Game Association becomes a thing, and I want to make sure I have the credentials to get the nomination.
Also, the reason that you can’t find a guy to have a conversation with probably isn’t because he watches porn and plays video games. I’d be willing to bet most of the time it’s because you’re a fucking awful person to be around. I understand why you might be concerned that men are spending more time staring at a screen than talking to you, but that’s only because the screen is more interesting than you are. If men thought is was worth a time investment to talk to you, they would. But if I have to pick between shooting zombies in the head and listening to girl talk about how her classes are going and why Stacey is such a dramatic bitch, I’m going with the first one 9 out of 10 times. And the one time I do decide to listen I like to think I’m able to carry out a conversation, because I want it to end like all the porn that I watch. It’s all about balancing various states of mind. I have no problem telling a 14 year old on Xbox Live that he’s gay and I banged his mom, but I’m not going to go up to a girl at the bar and drop that as my opening line. I also have no problem watching two naked Russian acrobats defy the laws physics and flexibility, but I’m not going to try and reenact it. I know my limits, and I also know that the Soviet Jackhammer is not a thing that real people do. Society needs to take a load off. Try watching some porn.

No comments:

Post a Comment