Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mets Fan Jorts Hero Faces Up To A Year In Prison And A Lifetime Ban From Citi Field


NY Post - Mets fanatic Rafael Diaz said he got such an adrenaline rush from Johan Santana’s no-hitter at Citi Field that “he couldn’t help” himself from running on the field to celebrate. “I was overcome with emotion, just being a die-hard Mets fan,” Diaz told The Post after his release from jail yesterday. “That’s all it was.” Diaz, 32, was charged with trespassing for taking part in the on-field celebration. He spent two nights behind bars before a Queens judge released him and pal John Ries, 25, on their own recognizance. Diaz returned to his Massapequa, LI, home, wearing the same Gary Carter No. 8 jersey he had on Friday night.  Diaz jumped onto the Citi Field turf first. Ries followed. Diaz recalled that, while in they were in lockup together, Ries told him: “Bro, I saw you out there, and I had to go.” Ries didn’t make it past the first-base line before security knocked him down. Diaz paid a stiff penalty, both at home and Citi Field. He missed his 1-year-old son’s birthday party Saturday, and the Mets have banned him for life from their home park. “That’s the bad part,” Diaz said of missing his son’s bash. Asked if his jaunt was worth missing Saturday’s family celebration, wise-cracking Diaz said: “You’ll have to ask my wife that.” Diaz and Ries were both charged with misdemeanor trespassing and entering the field of a New York sports event, otherwise known as the “Calvin Klein Law” — named after the designer’s venture onto the Madison Square Garden court during a 2003 Knicks game. They both face up to a year in jail. But with previously clean records, they’ll almost certainly get only probation.
Season tickets you’ll never be able to use again from a lifetime Citi Field ban? – $5,000
Missing your son’s first birthday part because you were in jail? – A lifetime of bitching from your wife.
Celebrating the Mets only no hitter on the mound with Johan? – Priceless.
Serious question for Jorts though – whats worse? Facing the possibility of jail for a year or knowing with certainty your wife will never let you live down the fact that you were in jail for your son’s first birthday? Personally I think its the wife bitching. Thats like eternal hell. You’ll never win an argument ever again. You won’t ever be right about anything until the day you die. Every single dispute will end with “Oh yea? Well you were incarcerated for our son’s first birthday so you could jump around on with a bunch of grown men.” Personally I think I’d take my chances in prison for a year. 365 days of avoiding literal rape is better than an eternity of metaphorical rape from your wife.
I’m not gonna sit here and tell you that getting probation and dealing with legal troubles is worth that celebration. But as far as a lifetime ban from Citi Field, I think I’d take that trade off. Never go to another game but go down in history as the king of Jorts mixing it up with the Mets on the mound to celebrate an accomplishment that took 51 years to see. I’m down for that. Quality, not quantity. Also, I’ve never understood how they enforce a lifetime ban. How the fuck do they stop you? Does ever employee at the turnstiles review some Wilpons Most Wanted blacklist and know all the faces? Or is it just like if you do ever get caught in the stadium again you’re violating probation so they just scare you into never coming back? Either way, whatever, I think I’d take that trade.
PS – The hell my mother is still putting me through is worse than the punishment this dude is facing

No comments:

Post a Comment